Obermatt stock portfolio
We do not only recommend stocks, we also buy them!
Obermatt CEO Dr. Hermann J. Stern is saving for his retirement by investing in stocks, which he found in the Obermatt Top 10 stock lists. You can track his stock purchases on YouTube every week. 100,000 francs are invested in 20 companies per investment season. The latest balance sheet of stock purchases can be found here:
Obermatt's investment principles for successful stock investment are simple
For his investments, Stern uses Obermatt's principles as described in the Obermatt Investing Handbook:
- Buy shares on a regular basis, invest only 5% of the total value per purchase, i.e. for a total portfolio value of CHF 100,000 invest CHF 5,000 per share. By the end of the season Stern shares in 20 comapnies.
- Distribute the investment across different regions and sectors to minimize the risk.
- Primarily buy shares of large scale companies, because many of these companies’ executives make sure that the company is successful.
You can do it yourself!
To help you learn how to build your own portfolio, we will show you all the decisions we’ve made on YouTube and provide you with the bank statements:
What you need to do to build your own stock portfolio
Under the benefits-section you can read about why you should invest using Obermatt's stock analysis. In three simple steps we'll show you how to:
- Open an account at a discount brokerage. Brokerage comparison: Switzerland, Germany, UK, USA.
- Subscribe to our free Obermatt Stock Update and read the Obermatt Investing Handbook for more information. To search for stocks or to sort stocks according to different criteria, use the database you receive weekly with the Obermatt Stock Update. You can open the file with Google Sheets, Numbers, LibreOffice or Excel: file, import, CSV file, Unicode (UFT-8).
- As soon as the Top 10 Stock Lists are published in your market, you will receive them via email. On the list select a stock you want to buy. You can study the stock more closely at Obermatt, google for further information and visit the website of the company before you buy it with your discount broker.
- Maintain and track your stock portfolio. The easiest way is to enter all of your stocks into a Google Sheet and input the Obermatt database. Now you will have and know the most recent rankings of your stocks. In order to decide whether to buy or sell a stock, you can easily set up investment parameters or price thresholds.
How good were the Obermatt Top 10 Lists in the past?
Each year we compare the Obermatt Top 10 stock returns with their stock indexes. Until now the Obermatt Top 10 lists outperformed the respective stock indexes the majority of the time: